Social media presence is important for brands and while many brands are aware of this, they still haven't figured out how to make the most of social media platforms for brand awareness and promotion.
Compared to old methods of advertising and marketing, social media requires a brand to participate in a broader conversation.
So how can brands actually increase their reach and engagement on social media? Here are some useful tips shared by Financial Independence Group (FIG) that can help you connect with a larger audience.
- Focus on producing high-quality content that is practical, shareable and most importantly original.
- The same content won't for every platform because each platform is unique in its own way and your post should be a reflection of that. Modify your content according to the audience of each platform.
- About 54% of the audience wants to see more video content and more people tend to engage with videos as compared to other forms of content.
- You can go live with new updates, announcements, events and any other ideas that you can come up with. This would lead to a boost in engagement rates for your brand.
- Reach out to as many people as you can! This includes influences, your followers and even your friends. Growth requires a lot of communication.
- If you see an interesting discussion that relates to your brand. Join in by commenting, reacting and sharing posts on your own timeline.
- Open doors to feedback and also ask for it. Asking satisfied clients and your colleagues for a little review of your brand on Google or Facebook can stir up some excitement for your brand.
- Make sure you have a carefully planned posting schedule. Find out when your audience engages the most and what sort of posts they interact with the most. Then plan a schedule accordingly. Experiment with different posts and posts times for each platform at first and you will get the hang of it soon.
- Remain consistent with grammar, punctuation and especially your tone. This can say a lot for your brand, make sure it's consistent on every platform otherwise your brand will only appear to be for your audience.
- Use visuals! Videos perform well but so do pictures. Introduce more visuals to your page as they can do wonders for your brand's online presence.
- Keep your followers involved and reward them with giveaways and contests and this will help your brand get the engagement it needs.