Apple is Planning to become Carbon Neutral by 2030 - Visualistan

    Social Items


Apple just made an important announcement that it is aiming to become carbon neutral by 2030. The company plans to cut off its greenhouse gas pollution by 75% and eliminate the remaining 25% by working on its heat trap emissions.

Apple released a 2020 Environmental Report that states that last year, it had managed to cut its carbon dioxide emissions by 4.3 million metric tons. This was a remarkable initiative as it represented a 35% drop in carbon dioxide emissions since 2015, which was the year of the company’s peak. However, looking solely at the amount of its carbon dioxide emissions in 2019, it still pumped out an enormous 25.1 million metric tons of the gas.

The good news is that Apple has focused on using recycled materials and improving the energy efficiency of its products, hence causing a reduction in its planet heating pollution. Compared to the energy efficiency of Apple’s products 11 years ago, its products now use 75% less energy on average.

According to Apple, its operations became carbon neutral in April of this year, in relation to emissions from its facilities and business travels. The company is now focused on purchasing enough renewable energy to get its global operations started.


The challenge to reduce emissions from the manufacturing of its products will be a hard one for the company. However, it is determined to collaborate with suppliers that run on renewable energy. The company has claimed to have made a commitment with over 70 suppliers for its renewable energy production. The company believes that with this initiative, it will be able to reduce carbon dioxide emissions equivalent to taking 3 million cars off the road yearly.

Moreover, instead of investing in modern technologies, Apple has chosen to work with environmental groups such as Conservation International for the protection and restoration of forests and mangrove trees that are natural reservoirs of carbon dioxide.

Apple’s recent environmental commitments came out after climate goals set by Microsoft and Amazon. Both companies had claimed of becoming carbon neutral. Amazon, however, released 15% more carbon dioxide last year as compared to the year before, contrary to its commitments.

Apple is Planning to become Carbon Neutral by 2030


Apple just made an important announcement that it is aiming to become carbon neutral by 2030. The company plans to cut off its greenhouse gas pollution by 75% and eliminate the remaining 25% by working on its heat trap emissions.

Apple released a 2020 Environmental Report that states that last year, it had managed to cut its carbon dioxide emissions by 4.3 million metric tons. This was a remarkable initiative as it represented a 35% drop in carbon dioxide emissions since 2015, which was the year of the company’s peak. However, looking solely at the amount of its carbon dioxide emissions in 2019, it still pumped out an enormous 25.1 million metric tons of the gas.

The good news is that Apple has focused on using recycled materials and improving the energy efficiency of its products, hence causing a reduction in its planet heating pollution. Compared to the energy efficiency of Apple’s products 11 years ago, its products now use 75% less energy on average.

According to Apple, its operations became carbon neutral in April of this year, in relation to emissions from its facilities and business travels. The company is now focused on purchasing enough renewable energy to get its global operations started.


The challenge to reduce emissions from the manufacturing of its products will be a hard one for the company. However, it is determined to collaborate with suppliers that run on renewable energy. The company has claimed to have made a commitment with over 70 suppliers for its renewable energy production. The company believes that with this initiative, it will be able to reduce carbon dioxide emissions equivalent to taking 3 million cars off the road yearly.

Moreover, instead of investing in modern technologies, Apple has chosen to work with environmental groups such as Conservation International for the protection and restoration of forests and mangrove trees that are natural reservoirs of carbon dioxide.

Apple’s recent environmental commitments came out after climate goals set by Microsoft and Amazon. Both companies had claimed of becoming carbon neutral. Amazon, however, released 15% more carbon dioxide last year as compared to the year before, contrary to its commitments.

Related Post

Disqus Codes
  • To write a bold letter please use <strong></strong> or <b></b>
  • To write a italic letter please use <em></em> or <i></i>
  • To write a underline letter please use <u></u>
  • To write a strikethrought letter please use <strike></strike>
  • To write HTML code, please use <code></code> or <pre></pre> or <pre><code></code></pre>
    And use parse tool below to easy get the style.
Show Parser Box

strong em u strike
pre code pre code spoiler
embed

Subscribe Our Newsletter

Notifications

Disqus Logo