Slack is one of the best business communication applications which allows you to communicate with your entire company in one place. Conversing through the emails have now become quite old-fashioned. As the world is developing, new methods are being incorporated in the businesses to overcome challenges and perform tasks in lesser time. You can take advantage of this beneficial application and impress your boss at work.
If you are a new user, you need to learn some basic functions to operate the app conveniently. This application is loaded with several amazing features that make communication a lot easier.
Slack facilitates the users with a variety of shortcuts which reduces the time to perform tasks. Some of the useful shortcuts include,
· Uploading a file: Why drag a drop the file when you can simply press Ctrl+U and attach the file that you want to share with the message.
· Quick open the DMs: View your private one-to-one conversations on the screen by pressing Ctrl+Shift+K.
· Set your status: Be active on the app and inform your fellow workmates about your current status by uploading one. Press Ctrl+Shift+Y and set a status so that your colleagues know about your location and availability.
· Add people to call: Conference calls are significant when you need to discuss something with your mates. During a call, if you want to add more people, press the '+' sign and search for the person you need to add in.
· Do not disturb: If you feel the need to zone yourself out for a limited period, enable the do not disturb shortcut for your desired time and do the work with better concentration.
Organize your channels
Sometimes, slack gets way too congested because you participate in the high number of channels due to which you miss out the important messages. Keep the channels organized so that you don't face any challenges. What you need to do in the first place is to figure out that which channel is most important and which is the least. You can mute the channels and pin the main ones. Organize them as per the priority and urgency.
It is a leading application that has made business communication less miserable and much efficient. You can have your entire team under a single platform. However, if you want to share something confidential with a particular person, there is a person direct message option for that.
Infographic by: Netcredit.com