Social media can be of great advantage to market your next big event as it can drive more engagement and connections while creating more awareness of the event.
With Facebook and LinkedIn, you can create event pages and invite people. You can use live streams on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to reach a bigger audience by streaming special elements of the event. All of this will help you boost your brand awareness, form more connections and as a result, close more deals. The impact of social media is indeed powerful and it is important that you know how to use it in your upcoming promotional event.
Here are some important tips for event marketing on social media outlined by Total Event Resources.
- Make sure you plan your strategy well, this involves creating attendee personas, determining activities and selecting the venue.
- You can use social media to get more ticket sales by creating pre-event hype on Facebook, making event pages on all platforms and by sharing regular engaging updates of the event.
- Understanding how to use Facebook in the initial days of promotion can do wonders in this regard. You can use paid ads and form key performance indicators (KPIs) on the platform.
- Create a unique and short hashtag to use with your event posts. You can add it to your social media bios and highlight them during the event.
- To get more tickets sales from Instagram, humanize the time of your message and show some behind the scenes footage or videos. You can also use teasers to generate FOMO.
- If you are a B2B brand, you can use LinkedIn to encourage event networking by creating a group and channeling updates about the event through an employee profile.