Here is a round-up of some facts:
· Brits are now spending £60 million per year on coconut water – up by 64% from last year
· They are also spending £14 million a year on coconut oil
· The UK is one of the biggest importers of desiccated coconut
· In Brazil, researchers found that coconut oil can whittle your waistline by taking just two tablespoons of coconut oil a day
· It can also help fight wrinkles!
· And also whiten teeth through oil pulling – the Ayurvedic technique from India involves swishing coconut oil around your mouth for 15- 20 mins – Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan!
· The coconut leaves are used in India to create temporary huts for weddings.
· In Thailand there are specially trained monkeys who have been picking coconuts for over 400 years!
Infographic by: www.hollandandbarrett.com