A new era of online search is upon us. As technology keeps upgrading and evolving constantly, voice search is becoming more common on the internet.
Why is Voice Search Important?It is estimated that almost half of all internet searches will be done in the form of voice searches in 2020. ECommerce is increasingly shifting towards voice search too, and voice commerce is predicted to become a $40 billion industry by the end of this year.
How Can I Optimize My Website?
1. Use smaller images and filesLarger files take longer to upload, negatively affecting your website’s SEO. Make sure all the files and photos on your site are no larger than 100kb (unless necessary) to help improve your ranking.
2. Clean up your codeThe more complicated your website’s coding is, the longer it will take to load on the web. Use Google-approved tools to clean up code and remove unused coding elements.
3. Modify cache settings to your advantageCaches are how browsers save your website’s information for repeated visits. Make sure that you set your cache expiry for a month or so at least, so static elements load quickly.
4. Speed up Your ServerMake sure your website's server isn’t slow. Cheap servers or shared servers will slow down the speed of loading your website.
5. Compress non-image filesFor all files except for images, you can easily use compression to increase loading speed and in turn user experience.
Infographic by: https://www.headwaycapital.com/