An attractive web design can attract your target audience and leave a lasting impression of your brand.
If you are looking for some tips to enhance your website's design, then you have come to the right place. Read on to know how you can take your website from good to great.
1. Fonts can do the talking, so it is important that you choose them appropriately.
2. Be mindful about your website's colors. It is advised to use a maximum of 5 colors on a single layout. However, you can use different shades of the same color for highlighting or distinguishing purposes.
3. Use the right icons! And by right, we mean icons that are simple and easy to understand.
4. If you want to highlight important information, use callouts. But make sure you don't add unnecessary details. All callouts must be clear and easy to read.
5. Keep your website clean and don't overload your website with details. Negative space is good as it can make your website look less cluttered.
6. Illustrations can surely be attractive, but make sure to use them only when they enhance your content. They should be able to complement the tone of your subject.
7. The right layout is important. Align the elements in a layout with eachother in a way that they look consistent and can guide readers logically.
8. Use visuals for comparing values, but in a way that it is easy for users to comprehend them.
9. Maintain accuracy when you're using visualisations to represent values.
10. Simplicity is the key here! Skip the extra detailing, designs and elements like charts or illustrations.