As we saw, the United States was all caught up by the novel Coronavirus and how rapidly it spread all over the nation in no time. The country was completely locked down for every single being to prevent the transmission of this deadly disease. However, by now, the number of daily Covid-19 cases in the U.S. have notably been decreasing. With the reduction in cases, the state’s government is considering to lift up the restrictions and reopen economies.
As the state's officials are trying to bring life back to normal, many Americans are not satisfied with the decision and want the restriction to continue for a couple more weeks to eliminate the virus entirely.
A poll was conducted to know the Americans' opinions, and the results came out to be as follows,
- 57% of people recommended the state to keep their focus on the containment of the virus and disagreed with the reopening of economies.
- Another 58% said they are neither mentally prepared nor satisfied enough to visit or work at public places.
- 68% of individuals are still scared by the threats of Covid-19. They said that there could be another wave of cases in the upcoming summer or probably in the fall season.
- 42% of people claimed that they don't want to go out as their relatives/friends have been infected due to Covid-19.
- However, the lowest percentage of 40% of Americans are ready for the reopening of the country.
- Last but not least, 6% of people don't seem bothered enough by the situation hence gave no opinion on what's more important.
As people are still afraid of the lethal virus infecting the entire globe, the governments should consider the suggestion of their people, monitor the situation closely, and then take action accordingly.
Infographic by: Statista.com