Over the last ten years there have been between 32,479 and 37,806 fatal auto accidents in the United States. These include two car (or more) accidents, roll overs, pedestrian accidents, guardrail accidents, trees, embankments, concrete barriers and more. Looking at this map and bar graph from Teletracnavman.com, we can see that in 3 years the state with the most deaths is California with Los Angeles being responsible for 1469 automobile deaths per year. California's I10 has .597 deaths per mile. Florida tops this list even though they have far less deaths than LA per year, their deadliest road, Interstate4 is responsible for 1.134 deaths per mile.
These are the Top 5 Most Dangerous Highways In America
- Interstate 4 in Florida has 1.134 deaths per mile of highway
- Interstate 45 in Texas has 0.913 deaths per mile of highway
- Route 192 in Florida has 0.867 deaths per mile of highway
- Interstate 17 in Arizona has 0.707 deaths per mile of highway
- Route 92 in Florida has 0.706 deaths per mile of highway
Infographic by: teletracnavman