Believe it or not, entrepreneurship used to be a dirty word in society. It evolved over time to be socially acceptable but took a few twists and turns to get there - some of which were by accident. We often take much for granted - by historical standards, so much of the world has become mind blowingly rich.
Society has progressed from the Aristocratic deal (“Do what I say and I’ll let you work”) to the Bourgeois deal (“Leave me alone, and I’ll make you rich”). How did we get there? Through the 5 R’s:
- Revolution: The rise of manufacturing created a growing middle class
- Revolt: Overthrew the aristocracy in England, France, and the U.S.
- Reading: Spread new ideas as presses became less censored
- Reformation: Free thought led to the protestant reformation
- Revaluation: Unlimited innovation built on freedom to create
Infographic by: edsmart