Microsoft Teams, just like its competitor communication service Zoom, now allows the users to change the video backgrounds. Firstly, Zoom, which is still the most popular video conference calling application, introduced the feature of changing video backgrounds. With the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, everything has shifted to digital media, including work, education, and connecting with your loved ones. For formal meetings of work and education, it is very important to look neat and tidy with an organized background.
Well, sometimes you do not get enough time to clean up the background, and that is where this new feature of changeable video backgrounds come in. Let's see how you can do it:
- In order to use the feature, you must start a Teams meeting.
- Once your video toggles in the bottom of the screen, click on the "background settings".
- You can now see a list of different backgrounds that you can use in your video. Moreover, you can simply blur out the background as well if you don't feel like adding a false background.
- The feature also allows the users to add their image, for which you need to click on the "Add new" option at the top of the column.
- Once you have changed your video's background, it will stay the same throughout the meeting unless you disable or change it again yourself.
- On the bottom of the screen, there are three dots right in the middle of the button bar; click on it and choose "Show background effects".
- The same background settings will appear through which you can blur out, change, or add your image in your video.
Furthermore, you can also preview the background before setting it by clicking on the "Preview" button in the "Background settings" option. You will see the effect preview at the bottom of the column in a small window.