Earth, in its most natural form, has given magnificent surprises to mankind in the form of towering mountains and vast lengths of oceans. It is truly desirable how little pieces of Earth are either covered with water, land, or humongous mountains. Since 30% of Earth comprises land, less than half of it has countries situated over it, and the other 70% is covered with ocean water. As per the data put together by United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), a total of 200 countries currently exist on the land of the Earth, each consuming a certain percentage of land.
This infographic talks about the share of Earth land taken by each of these countries. According to the surface area, Russia, Canada, China, and Antarctica top the list with the percentage of 3.35%, 1.96%, 1.88%, and 2.745%, respectively. It is important to note that Antarctica is not a country but a continent with the most percentage share of Earth land. Next on the list are countries U.S., Brazil, and Australia, with the share percentage of 1.876%, 1.670%, and 1.508%. The rest of the countries have a share percentage less than 1% in the infographic below.
When it comes to the water, the Earth water is divided into Territorial Waters, comprising 27% of Earth, and International Waters comprising 43% of the Earth. The laws about Earth Waters stated that a country would only have power over the water that runs with its coastline while the rest of it will remain free of any law.
To obtain more pointers about which countries consume what amount of percentage of the Earth's land, refer to the infographic below.
Infographic by: Visualcapitalist.com