Getting your account verified can do wonders for your social media presence. A blue tick can help you gain more attention from people by making your account stand out. It can also unlock many features for you and create a sense of trust in people for you or your brand.
So if you’re looking to get your account verified on Instagram or Facebook you can send a request to the social media sites easily. However, it is not guaranteed that Facebook or Instagram would approve your request.
Let’s start off with Facebook if you want to get a verification badge on your Facebook account you have to fill out a form shown below.
In order for your account to be eligible for the blue tick, it must:
- Have a cover photo.
- Have a profile picture.
- Have a name that lives up to Facebook’s guidelines.
- Adhere to Facebook’s Terms of Service.
Make sure you follow these rules and correctly fill out the form and Facebook might verify your page or profile.
For Instagram, you’ll have to follow the following steps to request for account verification.
- Visit your profile and tap the three lines in the top right-hand corner.
- Go to settings by tapping on the gear icon.
- Tap on 'Account' and then 'Request Verification'
- Input your username and full name, upload a photo of a government-issued ID (it can be your driver’s license or passport) and submit your request.