Social media platforms have their ups and downs when it comes to Facebook, the giant has seen a rise in its monthly active users despite the different controversies that haunt it.
But even though it has seen growth in the number of users, people have said that there has been a decline in the amount of time people spend on the platform.
Back in 2016, Facebook revealed that users spent 50 minutes per day using Facebook, Instagram and/or Messenger, and it was the last official update from the company. And it gave a similar update in 2018 that said that with new updates to Facebook’s News Feed, there was a 5% decline in the time users spent on the app. According to an estimate, people spent an average of around 41 minutes a day on the app but then again, these numbers can’t be exact.
But despite the exact data, we get an idea from 2018 update that there has been a slowdown. Facebook users spent 40 minutes a day on the app in 2014 so this means that even if the 2018 update was somewhat accurate, Facebook hasn’t gained more time spent on its app during the 4-year span.
But regardless of all this, Facebook remains to be on top and even if you don’t spend hours on the app, you still log in every day to check up on what your friends are up to, what your favorite celebs are doing or just to keep up with the news. Facebook has grown to become a critical platform and there’s no denying that.
Whatever your opinions may be of the platform, it is still very important for your brand and can do wonders for it. You can use a list of Facebook stats by Hootsuite and keep them in mind when planning your year ahead.
· Facebook has over 2.41 billion users that are active monthly.
· Facebook is the third-most visited website of the world with 76% of users of age 18 to 24.
· Facebook users spend 38 minutes daily on Facebook and about 52% of Americans stay updated on news from the platform.
· Facebook’s story feature is used by 300 million people daily.
· An average user likes 13 posts and clicks on 11 ads in a month.
· The average engagement rate for Facebook posts is 3.6%.