How I got 100000 views in just 120 days? If you think this could be a difficult task then I'm going to prove that you aren't right. It's actually so easy like ABC. To be honest, I got my first 100000 page views in just 60 days. Here is my story.
On June-26-2013 I started my blog (which was not actually a blog :P but a dustbin where I shared some of my favorite images). After sharing 2 posts in 2 days, I disheartened that no one came to see my images so I left my blog alone because I can't find any single reason to carry on my blogging passion.
After three days I opened my blogger account and got surprised to see that 17 people had seen my site I curiously opened the Blogger's Classic Statistics and found that those views are my own, that was so frustrating I promptly turned off blogger and start wasting my time playing games on Facebook with my friends. I left my blog for two months (June-July).
Note: These two months are not included in my120 day journey.
Along with playing games on Facebook I had Googled that "how to blog", "how to start a blog from scratch", "how others doing it" bla bla bla and found one thing common in all experts suggestions that quality content and consistency is the key to success and there is no any shortcut, no any overnight success formula, that can take you to the height. So I again started my blogging fun. But my problem was that I can't write long articles, because I'm not a writer or professional blogger, so (after some research) I decided to start an infographics-blog as they are in-demand and it's no wonder that people love visual stories so I had changed my blog name to Visualistan and begin posting infographics on daily basis. I tried and experimented different promoting strategies. Mostly I experimented with content publishing patterns, someday I published 1 post someday 5 and someday 15. As a result I learned that along with quality and consistency, (whatever I share) Quantity matters the most. I learned, more frequent posting drives more traffic, and more social media promotion drives more shares, likes and links - and traffic as well.
This way I got 100000 blog views in 120 days.
- Don't loose your heart ever.
- Know your niche (I chose Infographics).
- Try not to miss a single day (just keep posting even if you've just 1 paragraph to say).
- Focus on major social networking sites (social media presence is very very important).
- Don't hesitate to Follow people in your industry. (this will also help you to learn more and more).
- Have Patience (Infinite patience).
- Forget about technical SEO (I don't even know what the heck search engine optimization is :).
- Getting traffic from Google is getting harder and harder everyday (Try alternatives). :(
- If you are doing well on social media, Google will automatically send traffic to your site.
- I'm a newbie in blogging arena you may disagree with some of my points, I shared what I've learned and observed with my own experience. Step no. 4 can make you a king.
I simply publish post on my blog, and share on these social networks and sites.
- Google personal account and Google page.
- Facebook page.
- LinkedIn account.
- bizsugar.com (allows you to share 3 posts in 24 hours).
- inbound.org (1 post in 24 hour)